Accounting and Business Technology professionals are responsible for processing and recording the accumulation and/or dispersal of company money and are detailed record keepers
Start your career in accounting and business technology today.
Become A Qualified Accounting And Business Technology Professional
The objective of this program is to provide the student with the opportunity to acquire knowledge of business concepts, as well as gain the necessary computerized accounting and office skills. This program provides graduates with the necessary skills to maintain complete sets of books, keep records of accounts, verify the procedures used for recording financial transactions, and provide personal bookkeeping services.
Graduates of the program will have the knowledge needed to explore entry-level career opportunities across the public and private sectors. Our curriculum provides skill-building and practical training through relevant core courses, delivered through our innovative Integrated Learning System™ (ILS).
AOLCC’s Integrated Learning System™
All courses in our programs are delivered through our unique Integrated Learning System™ (ILS). Through ILS, you will develop a true proficiency in each topic, no matter your age or skill level upon enrolment. Our learning coaches are with you every step of the way to provide individualized assistance and encouragement in a supportive and non-competitive learning environment. Here’s how it works:
- You only advance to the next course when you are confident that you have mastered one topic and are ready to move on to the next
- You participate in hands-on exercises, tasks and practice exams that test your knowledge and give you confidence
Our program will prepare you to:
- Process financial reports, reconcile bank accounts and maintain files and records
- Use Sage 300 to set up general, accounts payable and accounts payable ledgers
- Use Microsoft Excel to create and manage worksheets, enter data and create formulas to perform calculations
- Use Sage 50 Premium Accounting to manage budgets, consolidate financials, track projects and streamline operations
- Provide office support and customer service when needed
Careers in business accounting are continuously in high demand. Excellent opportunities exist for skilled persons in a variety of accounting-related positions, including the role of accounting bookkeeper, across the public and private sectors.
- Handles confidential budget information.
- Processes financial reports and memoranda.
- Deals with statistical and accounting data.
- Maintains files and records.
- Performs a wide range of office support functions
Over the next decade, there will be a consistent, steady need for people with accounting and business skills. The need created by retiring workers provides excellent opportunities to advance to intermediate and/or supervisory positions with time, hard work and commitment.
Minimum 25 words per minute
Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
Sage 50 Premium Accounting and QuickBooks Premier
Business Math, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Management Fundamentals, Business Essentials, Business Financial Management, and Customer Service
Basic Bookkeeping Level 1 and Level 2, Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users, and Office Procedures Level 1
Job Readiness/Employability Skills
Job Search and Résumé Writing