The Business Administration diploma in Ontario is a program that is designed to prepare students for the demands of today’s fast-paced business environments. Its objective is to expose students to a vast array of business knowledge, management and administration skills, and practical tools that will assist them in addressing situations that arise within a business- related career.
Become A Qualified Business Administrator
Business Administration courses focus on professional skills required by today’s employers, including knowledge of how businesses utilize technology, e-commerce, business correspondence, office procedures, project management, and employment success strategies.
This program provides students with:
- A solid foundation in basic principles of a business environment, including current computer applications, marketing, accounting and business law.
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of business management and administration.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research and problem solving.
- A solid knowledge of business practices and principles. It also develops the student’s ability to relate and apply this knowledge to current social and economic conditions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and accounting.
AOLCC’s Integrated Learning System™
All courses in our programs are delivered through our unique Integrated Learning System™ (ILS). Through ILS, you will develop a true proficiency in each topic, no matter your age or skill level upon enrolment. Our learning coaches are with you every step of the way to provide individualized assistance and encouragement in a supportive and non-competitive learning environment. Here’s how it works:
- You only advance to the next course when you are confident that you have mastered one topic and are ready to move on to the next
- You participate in hands-on exercises, tasks and practice exams that test your knowledge and give you confidence
This program provides the student with a range of business knowledge and skills which cross several disciplines, resulting in a well-rounded and highly skilled employee. Graduates of this program are prepared for a variety of entry-level administrative and management trainee positions in a broad range of employment settings, specializing in those areas of interest, experience, and greatest ability. Careers in accounting and finance, marketing, production, operations, human resources, and general administration are available to those students who possess the proper combination of business skills, experience, personal ability, and aptitude.
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status.
Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evenings, or on weekends.
Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
Sage 50 Premium Accounting
Basic Bookkeeping Levels 1 and 2, basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Office Procedures Levels 1 and 2, Internet Fundamentals, and Personal Computer Fundamentals for End Users
Business Essentials, Marketing and Sales, Business Economics, Business Math, Business Financial Management, Business Correspondence Levels 1 and 2, Customer Service, Human Resources Management, Business Law & Ethics, Business in the Digital Age, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Business Administration Integrative Project, and Project Management Fundamentals Level 1
Job Readiness/Employability Skills
Job Search and Résumé Writing and Employment Success Strategies