A home inspector completes building inspections before properties are sold to ensure they are up to code and safe to inhabit. They are responsible for evaluating a house’s air conditioning units, electrical wiring, plumbing systems, security systems, and structural components. Based on their findings, they will flag any repairs that need to be done and complete an inspection report for review. Home inspectors work with real estate agents and their clients, and they frequently travel for work.
Start your career in home inspection today.
Become A Certified Home Inspector
The Home Inspection certificate is designed to introduce students to a vast array of practical and technical skills and tools and prepare them for a career in the home inspection industry. This program provides training aligned with the professional standards of the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHPI) and the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI). This diploma program provides students with:
- knowledge of roof inspections, focusing on system performance, safety concerns, and conformity with good construction practice
- the ability to handle disputes with effective resolutions
- comprehension of the structural components of a residential dwelling
- the ability to inspect installed heating equipment as well as identify the energy source, type, material, condition, and any safety concerns related to this equipment
- knowledge to identify typical defects on cooling systems and apply correct inspection techniques
- awareness of the interior water supply and distribution systems
- the ability to inspect all aspects of a dwelling’s exterior
- the knowledge to build an independent business
- the ability to create, write and deliver reports
- basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
AOLCC’s Integrated Learning System™
All courses in our programs are delivered through our unique Integrated Learning System™ (ILS). Through ILS, you will develop a true proficiency in each topic, no matter your age or skill level upon enrolment. Our learning coaches are with you every step of the way to provide individualized assistance and encouragement in a supportive and non-competitive learning environment. Here’s how it works:
- You only advance to the next course when you are confident that you have mastered one topic and are ready to move on to the next
- You participate in hands-on exercises, tasks and practice exams that test your knowledge and give you confidence
Home inspection is a fast-growing profession. The home inspector takes part in multiple tasks, including the examination of the physical condition of a home and the preparation of a technical report. Graduates of this home inspection course in Ontario will be prepared to work in either the private or public sector of the home inspection industry, as well as have an opportunity to become self-employed.
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status.
Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions.
Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
Building Inspection and Maintenance
Heating Inspection 1 and 2
Air Conditioning & Heat Pumps Inspection
Interior & Insulation Inspection
Communication & Professional Practice
Building Your Home Inspection Business