Looking for a rewarding healthcare career where you can help others? Academy of Learning’s Medical Office Administrator program gets you trained and on your path to a rewarding career through hands-on training and the support from dedicated instructors.
Start your career in medical office administration today.
Become A Qualified Medical Office Administrator
The Medical Office Administration diploma provides students with the basic knowledge, skills, and work experience needed to become permanently employable in various medical settings. Skill development is delivered in three areas:
- Comprehensive medical administrative knowledge, including medical language, transcription, and medical office procedures.
- Full range of computer and office skills, including current software applications, keyboarding skills of 40 WPM, general office management, and accounting.
- Customer service and personal and professional development.
AOLCC’s Integrated Learning System™
All courses in our programs are delivered through our unique Integrated Learning System™ (ILS). Through ILS, you will develop a true proficiency in each topic, no matter your age or skill level upon enrolment. Our learning coaches are with you every step of the way to provide individualized assistance and encouragement in a supportive and non-competitive learning environment. Here’s how it works:
- You only advance to the next course when you are confident that you have mastered one topic and are ready to move on to the next
- You participate in hands-on exercises, tasks and practice exams that test your knowledge and give you confidence
Graduates of the medical Office Administration course work in doctors’ offices, hospitals, medical clinics, pharmaceutical companies, government health agencies, and a variety of other medical office settings. They are integral members of the healthcare delivery team and perform many administrative and some basic clinical procedures. Typical job titles include
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Stenographer
- Secretary Ward
- And more!
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, or 19 years of age or older with completion of the CAST testing
- Adequate level of physical health to be able to fulfill job requirements
- Completion of Wonderlic SLE admission test with a minimum score of 18
- Good command of the English language – both written and verbal
- N-95 Mask Fit Testing which may be required by the industry
- Hepatitis B, other vaccinations, and/or a TB test may be required by the industry
- Completion of standard registration form
Minimum 40 words per minute (WPM)
Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
Job Readiness/Employability Skills
Job Search and Résumé Writing
Sage 50 Premium Accounting
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Basic Bookkeeping Level 1
Business Correspondence Levels 1 and 2, Business Math, Customer Service, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, and Workplace Success/Intrapreneurship
Help Desk & Call Centre
Telephone Communication Skills
Learning Medical Language, Medical Office Procedures, Medical Transcription, and EHR, Billing and Coding