Project Management is a function of business that is growing in relevance, recognition, and scope. Academy of Learning’s Project Administration program is positioned as an entry-level access point to this profession and will give you a competitive advantage in this untapped market segment.
Start your career in project administration today.
Become A Qualified Project Administrator
The Project Administration program provides the basic foundation towards industry certification through the Project Management Institute (PMI), specifically the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) designation. This certification will give you the opportunity for career growth and advancement.
This program will provide you with:
- The knowledge and skills necessary to lead and/or assist in the coordination and/or administration of projects for a variety of business sectors
- Professional skills in high demand by employers, including negotiating, decision making, team-work, communication, customer service, leadership, research, and problem solving
- A solid knowledge of project administration and management practices and principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
AOLCC’s Integrated Learning System™
All courses in our programs are delivered through our unique Integrated Learning System™ (ILS). Through ILS, you will develop a true proficiency in each topic, no matter your age or skill level upon enrolment. Our learning coaches are with you every step of the way to provide individualized assistance and encouragement in a supportive and non-competitive learning environment. Here’s how it works:
- You only advance to the next course when you are confident that you have mastered one topic and are ready to move on to the next
- You participate in hands-on exercises, tasks and practice exams that test your knowledge and give you confidence
Graduates of this program are employed in healthcare and social assistance, public administration, wholesale trade, finance and insurance, retail, and other services. Careers that correspond with the skills learned in this program are:
- Administrative Officer
- Administrative Services Coordinator
- Business Services Officer
- Implementation Officer
- Office Coordinator
- Planning Officer
- Public Trustee
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status.
Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and is able to follow instructions.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
Part-time students may set their own schedules to a minimum of two training sessions per week. These times may be scheduled during the day, evenings, or on weekends.
Basic level of proficiency in a Windows operating system
Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Word
Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Access
Office Procedures Levels 1 and 2, Basic Bookkeeping Level 1, basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, and Internet Fundamentals
Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
Business Essentials, Business Verbal Communication, Business Negotiations & Contracts, Business Financial Management, Business Supervisory Skills, Business Presentations, Business Correspondence Level 1 and Level 2, Grammar Essentials for Business Writing, Business Math, Customer Service, Project Level 1 and Level 2, Management Fundamentals, and Project Management Fundamentals Levels 1 and 2
Job Readiness/Employability Skills
Job Search and Résumé Writing and Employment Success Strategies